Ph.D. (Edinburgh University)
Professor of Technology Management
Management of Technology and Innovation, Industrial Management
Fields of Interest
Innovation, Technology and Society, Biomedical Industries
- Industrial Innovation in Japan, Routledge, 2008 (co-editor with N. Kambayashi and N. Matsushima)
- Innovation in the Pharmaceutical Industry: The Process of Drug Discovery and Development, Edward Elgar, 2003.
- Social Shaping of Nuclear Safety: Before and after the Disaster, in R. Hindmarsh ed., Nuclear Disaster at Fukushima Daiichi: Social, Political and Environmental Issues, Routledge, 2013, 22-40.
- Innovation Management of Japanese Pharmaceutical Companies: The Case of an Antibiotic Developed by Takeda, International Journal of Technology Management,Vol. 30, Nos. 3/4, 2005, 351-364.
- The Social Shaping of a Medicinal Drug, The Annals of the Graduate School of Business Administration, Kobe University, No.44, 2000, 1-24.
- Industrial Technological Trajectories and Corporate Technology Traditions: The Development of Antibacterial Drugs in Japan, The Annals of the School of Business Administration, Kobe University, No. 41, 1997, 1-18.
- Technical Innovation in the Japanese Paint Industry, The Annals of the School of Business Administration, Kobe University, No.40, 1996, 1-17.