Doctor of Engineering
Professor of Transport Planning and Modelling
Transport Planning and Travel Behaviour Analysis
Fields of Interest
Transport Planning, Travel Behaviour Change, Demand Forecast and Stated Preference
- “Travel Demand Forecasts Improved by Using Cross-sectional Data from Multiple Time Points“ Transportation, accepted.
- “Post-project Evaluation of Travel Demand Forecasts: Implications from the Case of a Japanese Railway“ (co-authored with T. Morikawa and Y. Nagamatsu), Transport Policy, accepted.
- “Estimation Efficiency of RP/SP Models Considering SP Design and Error Structures“ (co-authored with T. Yamamoto), Journal of Choice Modelling, accepted.
- “Mode Choice Models’ Ability to Express Intention to Change Travel Behaviour Considering Non-Compensatory Rules and Latent Variables“ (co-authored with T. Morikawa and S. Kurauchi), IATSS Research, forthcoming, DOI:10.1016/j.iatssr.2012.10.001
- “Household Car and Motorcycle Ownership in Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur in Comparison with Nagoya“ (co-authored with D. Dissanayake, S. Kurauchi, H. Maesoba, T. Yamamoto and T. Morikawa), Transportmetrica, forthcoming, DOI:10.1080/18128602.2012.726285
- “Temporal Transferability of Updated Alternative-Specific Constants in Disaggregate Mode Choice Models” (co-authored with T. Morikawa), Transportation, Vol. 37, No. 2, 2010, 203-219.
- “Inter-Temporal Analysis of Household Car and Motorcycle Ownership Behaviors – The Case in the Nagoya Metropolitan Area of Japan, 1981-2001 -” (co-authored with D. Dissanayake, S. Kurauchi, H. Maesoba, T. Yamamoto, and T. Morikawa), IATSS Research, Vol. 33, No. 2, 2009, 39-53.
- “Choice Models Using Matching Data” (co-authored with T. Morikawa), In: R. Kitamura, T. Yoshii, and T. Yamamoto (Ed.) The Expanding Sphere of Travel Behaviour Research: Selected Papers from the 11th International Conference on Travel Behaviour Research, Emerald, UK, 2009, 571-594.
- "Analysis of the Users’ Impressions to Railway Stations Focusing on the Effects of Adjunct Retail Facilities" (co-authored with C. Li, T. Yamamoto and T. Morikawa), Proceedings of International Symposium on City Planning 2004, City Planning Institute of Japan, 2004, 227-235.
- "Best Practice in SP Design" (co-authored with A. Daly and E. Kroes), Proceedings of European Transport Conference 2002 (CD-ROM), 2002.