Ph.D in Economics
Professor of Banking and Financial Institutions
The role of banks, Loan market in Japan, relationship banking, small business finance, trade credit
Fields of Interest
The role of banks, financial contract, banking in Japan, financial system architecture
- Uchida, H. and G. Udell, “Banking in Japan,” in A. Berger, P. Molyneux, and J. Wilson eds., Oxford Handbook of Banking, 2nd edition, Ch. 36, Oxford University Press, 2014.
- Hosono, K., D. Miyakawa, T. Uchino, M. Hazama, A. Ono, H. Uchida, I. Uesugi, “Natural Disasters, Damage to Banks, and Firm Investment,” International Economic Review, vol. 57, pp. 1335-1370, 2016.
- Uchida, H., D. Miyakawa, K. Hosono, A. Ono, T. Uchino, I. Uesugi, “Financial Shocks, Bankruptcy, and Natural Selection,” Japan and the World Economy, vol 36, pp.123-135, 2015.
- Hattori, M., K. Shintani, and H. Uchida, “The Repository of Soft Information within Bank Organizations,” Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, vol.47, pp. 730-770, 2015.
- Ogura, Y. and Uchida, H., “Bank Consolidation and Soft Information Acquisition in Small Business Lending,” Journal of Financial Services Research, vol. 49, pp. 173-200, 2014.
- Homma, T., Y. Tsutsui, and H. Uchida, “Firm Growth and Efficiency in the Banking Industry: A New Test of the Efficient Structure Hypothesis,” Journal of Banking and Finance, vol. 40, pp. 143-153, 2014.