Welcome to the homepage of Kenji Matsui !
Graduate School of Business Administration, Kobe
Management Science & Operations Research,
bargaining timing of a wholesale price for a manufacturer with a retailer in a
dual-channel supply chain", European
Journal of Operational Research, Vol.287, No.1, 2020, pp. 225-236. DOI: 10.1016/j.ejor.2020.05.004
- "A supply chain member should set its margin later if another
member's cost is highly uncertain", European Journal of Operational
Research, Vol.275, No.1, 2019, pp.127-138.
- "When and what wholesale and retail prices should be set in
multi-channel supply chains?", European Journal of Operational
Research, Vol.267, No.2, 2018, pp.540-554.
- "When should a manufacturer set its direct price and wholesale
price in dual-channel supply chains?", European Journal of Operational
Research, Vol.258, No.2, 2017, pp. 501-511.
- "Disclosure Policy in a Mixed Market", European Accounting
Review, Vol.25, No.1, 2016, pp. 81-107. [final publication version]
- "Asymmetric Product Distribution between Symmetric Manufacturers Using
Dual-channel Supply Chains", European Journal of Operational
Research, Vol.248, No.2, 2016, pp. 646-657. [final publication version]
- "Gray-market Trade with Product Information Service in Global Supply
Chains", International Journal of Production Economics, Vol.147,
Part.B, 2014, pp. 351-361. [final publication version]
- "Entry Deterrence through Credible Commitment to Transfer Pricing at
Direct Cost", Management Accounting Research, Vol.24, No.3, 2013, pp.
261-275. [final publication version]
- "Strategic Upfront Marketing Channel Integration as an Entry Barrier",
European Journal of Operational Research, Vol.220, No.3, 2012, pp.
865-875. [final publication version]
- "Auditing Internal Transfer Prices in Multinationals under Monopolistic
Competition", International Tax and Public Finance, Vol.19, No.6,
2012, pp. 800-818. [final publication version]
- "Cost-based Transfer Pricing under R&D Risk Aversion in an Integrated
Supply Chain", International Journal of Production Economics,
Vol.139, No.1, 2012, pp. 69-79. [final publication version]
- "Concentration of Marketing Channels and Brand-level Retailer Margins:
Evidence from Japan", Applied Economics, Vol.44, No.12, 2012, pp.
- "Strategic Transfer Pricing and Social Welfare under Product
Differentiation", European Accounting Review, Vol.20, No.3, 2011, pp.
521-550. [final publication version]
- "Accounting Year-end Dispersion and Seasonality in the Japanese Corporate
Bond Market", Applied Economics, Vol.43, No.26, 2011, pp. 3733-3744.
- "Resale Price Maintenance for Supply Chains Distributing Products with
Demand Uncertainty", International Journal of Production Economics,
Vol.134, No.2, 2011, pp. 375-387. [final publication version]
- "Intrafirm trade, Arm's-length Transfer Pricing Rule, and Coordination
Failure", European Journal of Operational Research, Vol.212, No.3,
2011, pp. 570-582.
- "Dynamic Adjustment Process of Retail Store Density in Cointegrated
Panels: Evidence from Japan", Applied Economics, Vol.43, No.2, 2011,
- "Effects of Wholesaler Concentration on Retailers by Format: Evidence from
Japanese Brand-level Price Data", Applied Economics, Vol.42, No.18,
- "Returns Policy, New Model Introduction, and Consumer Welfare",
International Journal of Production Economics, Vol.124, No.2, 2010,
pp.299-309 (the lead article of this issue). [final publication version]
- "Application of the Auction Theory to the Overpricing Phenomenon in a
Corporate Bond Underwriting Market", Applied Financial Economics
Letters, Vol.4, No.6, 2008, pp.457-460.
- "Overpricing of New Issues in the Japanese Straight Bond Market",
Applied Financial Economics Letters, Vol.2, No.5, 2006, pp.323-327.
- "Effects of Consumers' Shopping Ability on Location Strategy for Retailers
Classified by Business Category", AMA Summer Marketing Educators'
Conference Proceedings, Vol.17, 2006, pp.183-190.
- "Marketing Channels and Retail Store Density in East Asia", Asian
Economic Journal, Vol.19, No.4, 2005, pp.407-422, (co-authored with
Shuanghong Lu, Tatsuhiko Nariu, Tadashi Yukimoto)"Retail Store Density in
Japan", The Japanese Economy, Vol. 32, No.3, 2004, pp.49-75,
(co-authored with Tadashi Yukimoto)
European Journal of Operational Research (30); Transportation
Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review (30); International Journal
of Production Economics (11); Journal of the Operational Research Society (9);
Computers & Industrial Engineering (7); Applied Economics (4);
International Journal of Production Research (4); Decision Sciences (3);
OMEGA (3); Operational Research: An International Journal (3); Applied
Financial Economics (2); Applied Mathematical Modelling (2); B.E. Journal of
Theoretical Economics (2); Economic Modelling (2); Journal of Cleaner Production
(2); Mathematical Problems in Engineering (2); RAIRO (2); 4OR; Africa Education Review;
American Review of Canadian Studies; Applied Economics Letters; Economic Systems
Research; Emerging Markets Finance and Trade; European Journal of Finance; IEEE
Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics: Systems; IIE Transactions;
International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology; International
Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health; International Journal of
Information Technology & Decision Making; International Journal of
Management Science and Engineering Management; International Journal of
Sustainable Engineering; International Trade Journal; International Transactions
in Operational Research; Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Systems; Journal of
Business Research; Journal of Industrial and Management Optimization; Journal of
Marketing Management; Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications;
Logistics; Marketing Science; Small Business Economics; Tourism and
Hospitality: Policy & Development; Review of Managerial Science; World